Gym Membership Agreement
Terms and conditions
1. Payment terms
1.1. You may choose how you pay and select the membership type most appropriate for you. The payment types accepted are cash, cheque, debit and credit card. All memberships must be paid for upfront at time of purchase: no credit will be given.
1.2. Access to the club will be on a pre-paid basis only. When your membership is due for renewal, one of our team will be in contact to assist you in renewing it. You may pay when you are next in the club or send payments through a third-party assistant provided that he or she carries a copy of (i) your membership and (ii) Iqama iii) ID and contact details of a male guardian. Membership renewals are available until three weeks following expiration of the membership. Any membership renewed later than three weeks following the expiry date, will be treated as a new joiner, and therefore attract a joining fee.
1.3. Joining fees are a one-off fee paid by all members at point of sale. This covers administration, membership wristband and an introductory orientation and technique sessions.
1.4. Payment for all other items including pay and play fitness classes must be made in advance at the reception. Payment must be made at the reception desk and not directly to the trainer under any circumstances. Failure to do this is in breach of your membership contract and may result in the cancellation of your membership, with no reimbursement of any fees paid.
1.5. Refunds on memberships will not be given under any circumstances. Any exceptions are at the discretion of the NuYu Management Team.
1.6. Transfer of membership person to person will not be given under any circumstances. Any exceptions are at the discretion of the NuYu Management team.
1.7. Members on 12 or 18 month memberships have the opportunity to freeze their membership for two separate one months periods, at a cost of SAR150 per freeze. There is no need to pay a joining fee on returning to the club. In order to freeze your membership, you must complete the required paperwork at the club and pay the fee in advance of the freeze period. Back dated freezes are not accepted.
1.8. Members on six month memberships have one opportunity to freeze their membership for one month at a cost of SAR180. There is no need to pay a joining fee on returning to the club. In order to freeze your membership, you must complete the required paperwork at the club and pay the fee in advance of the freeze period. Back dated freezes are not accepted.
1.9. Freeze requests are not accepted via telephone or email. The member must process the transaction in person, whilst paying the relevant fee.
2.1. Membership fees are subject to change without prior notice. NuYu will endeavour to inform you at least 14 days prior to any changes.
3. Access to the club
3.1. All NuYu members are required to present their membership wristband on each visit to the facility. An access control system is in place to minimise misuse. If you lose your membership wristband you will be charged a small fee to replace it. The club reserves the right to refuse access to any person who cannot produce valid identification to support their membership information.
3.2. Wristbands cannot be transferred or loaned to family or friends. Misuse of wristbands will result in the immediate termination of the membership without a refund of membership fees.
3.3. The club opening hours are available at reception and will vary during Eid Holidays and Ramadan. We undertake to provide at least 14 days notice on any changes. Members with a valid Fit For Less membership can access the club between the hours of 7am – 4pm Sunday – Thursday. Last entry 3pm and during the hours of 10.30am – 7pm on Saturdays.
3.4. Whilst we endeavour to maintain our regular opening times, NuYu reserves the right to close the club for essential maintenance, staff training and public holidays to ensure we maintain exceptionally high standards and health and safety. No refunds for closure days are applicable.
3.5. To access more than one club you must be subscribed to our NuYu Plus membership. If you wish to upgrade to Plus Membership please speak to a member of our team for more information. All upgrades start on the 1st of the following month.
3.6. The Transfer of NuYu memberships to different clubs is not permitted within your contract term. Transfers can be made upon renewal.
3.7. NuYu is a female only club for women over the age of sixteen. Identification to support age must be produced upon request. Children and nannies are not accepted in the clubs.
3.8. Boys of any age are not allowed into the club.
3.9. Members must wear an abaya upon entering and leaving the club. Members must remove all facial coverings before entry through the turnstile for identification purposes.
3.10. All members must have their photograph taken for identification purposes. This is non negotiable. Photos will not be available for public viewing or passed outside of NuYu.
4. Classes and appointments
4.1. We work hard to offer as many classes to our members as possible, and as such operate a class booking system.
4.2. Classes can be booked via the NuYu website www.nuyu-ksa.com.When a class is booked it is your responsibility to attend, or to provide a minimum of 24 hours notification of cancellation. Should a member book a class and subsequently not attend, and not provide due notification of cancellation, the class will be charged for in full. In addition, that members’ booking privileges will be removed for 5 days. Our systems automatically impose the booking restriction and cannot be over ridden.
4.3. To ensure an excellent member experience members are able to book up to 3 classes within a 48 hour period.
4.4. Upon arrival at the club, and prior to your class, you will be issued with a printed class ticket. You must present this ticket upon entering the class. There is no admittance to classes without a valid membership wristband and printed class ticket.
4.5. Personal belongings, including mobile phones are not allowed in the studio/ gym and must be stored securely in the lockers provided.
4.6. Power points are not to be used for charging of mobile phone or tablet devices at any time. These may be removed and will be stored at reception. Wifi is also not available at NuYu branches.
4.7. Please arrive at classes at least five mins before the start. Late entry into classes is not permitted. If you leave the class at any point you will not be permitted to return to that class as this causes disruption and is potentially dangerous.
4.8. Equipment in classes cannot be reserved and is on a “first come/ first served” basis.
Class schedules are available to view on iPads located at various points around the clubs, and on our website. Schedules, due to reasons beyond our control, are subject to change without prior notice.
5. Using NuYu
5.1. Workout towels will be provided to you on each visit, please use them to keep equipment and surfaces sweat free, and return to the towel drops provided at the end of your workout. All towels are the property of NuYu and are not to be taken out of the centres.
5.2. For your comfort we have conveniently located hygiene stations around the clubs, including antibacterial wipes. As a courtesy to other members please use these to wipe down all equipment after use.
5.3. Please wear appropriate, comfortable and fit for purpose clothing including trainers for all forms of exercise. High heeled shoes or wedge style shoes are not acceptable footwear for use in NuYu fitness centres.
5.4. Lockers will be provided for you, for use with a padlock (which can be purchased on site). No lockers are to be used overnight. Please use the lockers for all personal belongs including abayas, and take your padlock home with you after each visit. All lockers must be emptied before the clubs close. Padlocks will be removed/cut to provide access to the lockers.
5.5. NuYu is not responsible for any personal items in the clubs. We strongly recommend all lockers are used with a padlock to secure belongings.
5.6. The reception team is not permitted to stow or hold any items for members, as they cannot be responsible for secure storage.
5.7. For the convenience of comfort of all our members, the use of mobile phones is only permitted in the reception and lounge areas.
5.8. Cameras and recording devices including mobile phones of any sort are strictly prohibited within the premises.
5.9. Music will be played within the clubs. Prayer rooms with no music are accessible to all members.
5.10. All NuYu appointments are subject to change without prior notice.
5.11. Members should hold personal updated insurance coverage.
5.12. We welcome guests in to our clubs. Guests must be accompanied by a member at all times in the facility. Guest passes attract a guest fee; passes can be purchased at the reception area.
5.13. Members are expected to be courteous and respectful to all other users and staff.
5.14. The Management reserve the right to limit the number of active members.
5.15. The Management reserve the right to exclude or cancel membership if behaviour is deemed detrimental to staff, the facility or other users. In such cases no membership fees will be reimbursed.
5.16. We kindly advise you to book an orientation session at the start of your membership. This is a free of charge one hour session in the gym, in a small group, with one of our trainers, and will focus on getting you started and advising you on a basic program. More detailed assessments, including InBody readings, are available. Please speak to staff to learn more about these. Costs for the health assessments are updated from time to time and can be found in the club or on our website.
6. Personal Property, Injury and Death
6.1. NuYu will compensate you for any loss or damage you may suffer ONLY if we fail to carry out our obligations under this agreement including if we cause personal injury or death to you by our negligence, unless failure is attributable to your own fault; a third party unconnected with our provision of services; or events which neither we nor our suppliers could have reasonably foreseen or forestalled even if we had taken reasonable care.
- Your own fault
- A third party unconnected with our provision of services.
- Events which neither we nor our suppliers could have reasonably foreseen or forestalled even if we had taken reasonable care.
7. Agreement, General Terms & Conditions
7.1. Member agrees to keep and obey all rules and regulations now in force or in the future prescribed by the Gym, for the use of the Gym training facilities, premises, and equipment therein, and the Gym reserves the right to revoke this membership for cause if the member fails to keep and obey any such rules and regulations, or related instructions issued by the staff and management from time to time, or for reasons of nuisance, disturbance, moral turpitude or fraud.
7.2. Without limiting the member’s obligation to obey the rules and regulations of the Gym presently in force or in the future prescribed, the member agrees that she will abide the following rules by:
- 7.2.1. Always considering other members’ rights and privileges while training;
- 7.2.2. Always replacing barbells, dumbbells, or other similar equipment on their proper racks or safekeeping place at the end of each set;
- 7.2.3. Always following directions on the proper use of training equipment and asking directions to staff members to ensure proper use;
- 7.2.4. Never smoking on the premises;
- 7.2.5. Never placing weight plates on the floor;
- 7.2.6. Never banging dumbbells together when doing flies or other exercises;
- 7.2.7. Never dropping dumbbells on the floor;
- 7.2.8. Never inviting any male guests;
- 7.2.9. Always treating members and staff with the fullest respect and courtesy at all times; and
- 7.2.10. Always accepting fullest responsibility for any damage caused to the equipment, guests, members, staff and/or the equipment due to the misuse of the equipment
7.3. Without limiting NuYu’s ability to terminate this membership for cause, NuYu may terminate this membership for any reason at the end of any given month. If NuYu elects to so terminate, it will review the case and if applicable refund a pro rata portion of any dues, excluding the joining fee. The joining fee will not be reimbursed.
7.4. It is expressly understood and agreed that this contract is not assignable or transferrable by any member and not rights or privileges granted by this membership can be transferred or assigned by the member.
7.5. It is further agreed and understood that all exercises, including the use of weights, number of repetitions, and the use of weights, number of repetitions and sets and use of any and all machinery, equipment, and apparatus designed for exercising and the use of the Gym’s premises and facilities shall be at the Member’s sole risk. Notwithstanding any consultation on exercise programs which may be provided by the Gym’s employees, agents, representatives or consultants, it is hereby understood that the selection of exercise programs, methods and types of equipment shall be at the member’s sole and entire responsibility, and the Gym shall not be liable to any member or the member’s family, sponsor (wakeel) or legal guardian for any and all claims, demands, injuries, damages, or actions arising due to any injury to the member’s person or property arising out of for in connection with the use by the member of the services and facilities of the Gym or the premises where the same is located. If the member brings any personal property onto the premises of the Gym or onto the Gym’s parking area, such member takes such action at the member’s sole risk. If it hereby understood that the Gym is not responsible in any way for damage to or loss of any personal property which the member brings onto the premises of the Gym or onto the Gym’s parking area, including but not limited to, losses due to theft, damage, or car accident. The member hereby holds the Gym, its successors, assigns, owners, officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless from all claims which may be brought against them by the member or third parties on the member’s behalf for any such injuries aforesaid and, the member, hereby forever releases and discharges the Gym, its successors, assigns, owners, officers, directors, employees, consultants, representatives, agents from all claims, demands, injuries, damages, actions, losses and expenses. This section will survive any cancellation of this Agreement.
8.1. We would like to extend our services by offering help and advice via our website www.nuyu-ksa.com and notify you of events via email. Therefore providing a valid email address and mobile number will be the best way for us to stay in touch when you’re not in the club.
8.2. NuYu is striving to be a paper free environment and therefore where possible we will email notifications of changes to membership, club and class information and post them on our website.
9. 9. Data Protection
9.1. NuYu will not give information about you to anyone outside of our organisation unless the law permits us to do so. Please see our website for full details.
Pay & Play Offer Terms and Conditions
- The cancellation policy and notice period for all Pay & Play sessions is 24 hours prior to the session. Any cancellations within this period will not be reimbursed or compensated. Holds or extensions are not applicable.
- Pay & Play is available to members with a current membership at NuYu. The membership must be valid for use at the centre of the session you wish to attend. Pay and Play offerings may vary based on the club where you hold your membership.
- Pay and Play sessions must be paid for in advance of attending all sessions. Single sessions or discounted bundles of 5, or 10 sessions can also be purchased at our reception desk.
- Pay and Play sessions cannot be booked or cancelled using the NuYu online booking system. Cancellations can be made by telephone or in person. Email booking or cancellation is not permitted as our email response system is not manned full time.
- Pay & Play sessions are specialized in which all clients are responsible for making sure they are suitably equipped with correct clothing footwear. Sports wear (no denim or corduroy) and footwear (proper lace-up training shoes) are compulsory.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to inform the trainer prior to the session, of any health or medical issues that may effect performance or participation in the session or put yourself at any risk. Please consult your doctor or physician prior to starting an exercise or fitness program, and prior to booking Pay &Play sessions.
- All exercises performed in Pay & Play sessions are under specialized supervision therefore NuYu accept no responsibility for clients exercises out of the sessions.
- Pay & Play classes, instructors, pricing and the scheduling are subject to change at any time.
- Sessions are non transferable to other party’s/members or applied to the value of other NuYu products and services.
- For health and safety reasons no mobile phones or other electronic devices are to be used during the sessions. Members will be asked to leave the session if they fail to comply.
- Pay & Play single sessions or bundles can not be transferred to another member.
- Pay & Play bundles are not subject to any freezing and must be used within the stated time period. Bundles of 5 to 10 sessions are to be used within an 8 week period.
- Your marked Pay & Play card must be brought to each session and signed by a NuYu trainer.
- Bundles can be purchased to be used through one type of Pay & Play session, bundles cannot be transferred to a different type of session.